Now that we’ve got the rankings and projections for the top 25 Point Guards, Shooting Guards, Small Forwards, Power Forwards and Centers for fantasy basketball 2012/13 in the can, it’s time to get to the top 200 overall! If you’re excited then raise your hand! Ok, put your hand down, I can’t see you anyway. This is how it’s going to work, peeps. We’ll start with the top 25 overall. It’s right below, don’t look yet, don’t let me catch you peeking! Then we’ll do the top 50, then the top 75, etc., all the way to the top 200. After that, I’ll throw a top 40 C/PF post at you. Then a top 40 PF/SF post at you, etc. That will solve your craving for the guys who are eligible at multiple positions. You like that? … Why are you responding to my questions? I can’t even hear you! Lastly, these rankings and projections are obviously subjective and if you look at 20 experts’ rankings and projections you’re going to get, um, 20 different rankings and projections. It’s like a snow flake, not one ranking is the same. With that said, I don’t recommend you take these rankings and set them in stone. I’d give them a plus/minus error factor of 4 and use your best judgement at your draft/auction based on how your roster is shaping up. We straight, Skippy? That’s your new name. Ok, off we go!
1. Lebron James – The number one guy. What a bore.
Projections: 27.5 ppg/7.8 rpg/6.4 apg/.520/.772/1.8 spg/75 3s/65 blk/3.3 tov
2. Kevin Durant – 28 ppg. hecman drools. 86% FT at almost 8 attempts per game. hecman drools some more. 2 threes per game. hecman drools some more. Damn my shirt is all wet now. Fn Durant.
Projections: 28 ppg/7.8 rpg/3.2 apg/.495/.870/1.2 spg/150 3s/90 blk/3.3 tov
3. Chris Paul - Last year I had Derrick Rose ranked ahead of CP3. Why? Health reasons, of course. Duh!
Projections: 20 ppg/10 apg/4.2 rpg/.475/.860/90 3s/2.4 spg/8 blk/2.5 tov
4. Russell Westbrook – Russell fn Westbrook, my main man. Let me recap something very, very, very important about Russell fn Westbrook: 5 seasons in the NB fn A and never missed a game. 82s across the board and one 66! Hey hecman, why are you fn cursing so much? I don’t know, whoever it is who’s asking.
Projections: 23.5 ppg/6 apg/4.8 rpg/.445/.830/70 3s/1.7 spg/30 blk/3.5 tov
5. Kevin Love – Kevin Love! OMG, OMG, OMG! It’s Kevin Love! I want to make out with him … even with a broken hand!
Projections: 25.5 ppg/13 rpg/2 apg/.450/.820/.9 spg/140 3s/45 blk/2.2 tov
6. Dwyane Wade – Unless he’s hurt, you won’t be reading much about him during the season up in here at hecmanhoops. If you want to drool about him every night then head on over to Rotoworld, they’ll be happy to suck up to you with a little somethin’ somethin’.
Projections: 24 ppg/4.5 apg/5.5 rpg/.490/.775/1.7 spg/60 3s/80 blk/3 tov
7. Deron Williams – I’ll be honest, I’m really not a fan of the close cropped beard look. It’s just too manicured for my taste, looks kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I mean if I had to choose between a Deron Williams beard and a James Harden beard, I’m all in on Jimmy’s beard but that’s just me. I can barely grow a whisker though so what do I know?
Projections: 19.5 ppg/10.5 apg/4 rpg/.465/.810/75 3s/1.2 spg/12 blk/3.3 tov
8. Josh Smith – A little bit of points in my life, a little bit of blocks by my side, a little bit of steals is all I need, come on you know the song, a little bit of boards is what I see, a little bit of threes in the sun, a little bit of assists all night long. J Smoove No. 2! Sing it again if you’d like, it’s fun. Or feel free to sing Al Horford’s back and there’s gonna be trouble, hey la, hey la, Al Horford’s back! I’d expect ever so slight regression but it’s still all good (great!).
Projections: 17 ppg/9 rpg/3.5 apg/.460/.695/1.3 spg/35 3s/140 blk/2.5 tov
9. Kobe Bryant – Not sure if you knew this but Kobe is my favorite player in the NBA. I didn’t even mind when he got caught cheating on his wife. I’m just happy it wasn’t me he got caught with. As an aside, I know Kobe at 9 seems pretty high but when I look at his projections, I see number 9. Like Chanel.
Projections: 25 ppg/4.5 apg/5 rpg/.460/.825/1.3 spg/110 3s/12 blk/3 tov
10. Dwight Howard – If you like it then you better put a ring on it, if you like it then you better put a ring on it. Wha oh oh oh oh oh oh oh. There’s no truth to the rumor that’s what Dwight sang to Kobe Bryant. That would have been embarrassing. Feel free to knock him down or notch or three if you’re more comfy with the health that Al Jefferson and, um, Andrew Bynum (?) brings.
Projections: 19.5 ppg/13 rpg/1.5 apg/.580 FG/.580 FT/1.3 spg/0 3s/165 blk/2.5 tov
11. Al Jefferson – I’ve got a friend named Big Al, the only difference between him and Al Jefferson is he’s white and 5’5 but he does play center for the West Orange Yeshivas of the Short Man’s Jewish Basketball League. Led the league in blocks. True story. No, it’s not.
Projections: 19 ppg/9.5 rpg/2 apg/.495/.770/.8 spg/0 3s/130 blk/1.5 tov
12. Kyrie Irving – There was once a song from the 80′s called Kyrie by Mr. Mister. I hated that god damn song but I love Kyrie Irving. I best get me some Kyrie Irving on a few of my teams this year, y’all! You do the same.
Projections: 20.5 ppg/6.5 apg/4.2 rpg/.470/.870/105 3s/1.3 spg/25 blk/3.2 tov
13. Andrew Bynum - I don’t know what a Synvisc injection is but that’s what Bynum received on Monday for his knee. You scared? Huh, huh, are ya? Don’t be scared, little girl. Put the lotion in the basket! Nevermind.
Projections: 19.5 ppg/12 rpg/1.5 apg/.550/.685/.5 spg/0 3s/160 blk/2.5 tov
14. Ty Lawson – Here’s what I said last December when I ranked him 12th in my pre-season point guard rankings: This time next October (does that make sense?) Ty will be a top 10 point guard. If you’re in a keeper league, feel free to kick him up a notch. Yeeehaaawwwww.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/6.5 apg/3.6 rpg/.485/.820/90 3s/1.3 spg/10 blk/2.5 tov
15. Dirk Nowitzki – Dirk Diggler has a bum knee that may require arthroscopic surgery as of this writing so it’s possible he’ll have a slow November. Remind your fellow owners about this right before your draft/auction. Then pounce! You’re so sly.
Projections: 22.5 ppg/7 rpg/2.3 apg/.470/.890/.7 spg/85 3s/50 blk/2 tov
16. LaMarcus Aldridge – Two years ago he made his owner’s hearts go all aflutter. Last year his heart was literally a flutter. Ironic! Anyways, he makes my heart go aflutter. I heart LaMarcus. I could go on and on with heart jokes but I’ll spare you.
Projections: 21.5 ppg/8.3 rpg/2.1 apg/.505/.800/1 spg/0 3s/75 blk/2 tov
17. DeMarcus Cousins - In 32 games before the All Star Break DeMarcus shot .439 FG on 14 attempts per. In 32 games after the All Star Break DeMarcus shot .459 on 17 attempts per. I won’t mention the free throw splits though. I’m trying to be positive!
Projections: 20.5 ppg/10.5 rpg/2.5 apg/.460/.700/1.5 spg/0 3s/99 blk/2.7 tov
18. Pau Gasol – Now that he’s playing with an absolute monster in the front court, circumstantial evidence and my keen detective skills say his numbers can’t help but to take a slight hit. If the stats don’t fit, you must, um, lower your expectations? I know, it doesn’t rhyme but you get my drift..
Projections: 17.5 ppg/9 rpg/3 apg/.530/.795/.6 spg/0 3s/110 blk/2.2 tov
19. Carmelo Anthony – Is it me or is Carmelo starting to be kind of under appreciated as a fantasy stud? Damn you, New York press! Swoop in there, man. Just make sure he’s not your best player.
Projections: 24 ppg/6.5 rpg/3 apg/.450/.825/1.1 spg/100 3s/45 blk/2.6 tov
20. Al Horford – Al-Ho vomited all over many a fantasy owner’s hopes and dreams last year. Whatcha gonna do? Draft him again! Wheeeeeeee.
Projections: 15 ppg/9.5 rpg/3 apg/.550/.785/.9 spg/0 3s/95 blk/1.7 tov
21. Rudy Gay – Remember what I said about not making Carmelo your best player? Sure you do. It goes double for Rudy. Great player but not best player material. Love him though, what’s not to love? Now give me an Hallelujah? Hallelujah. Rudy thanks you.
Projections: 19 ppg/6.3 rpg/2.8 apg/.460/.790/1.5 spg/80 3s/80 blk/2.5 tov
22. Monta Ellis – I’m actually pretty damn curious to see what his numbers end up like in Milwaukee. In 21 games after the deal, Monta averaged 36 mpg/17.6 ppg/5.9 apg/.432/.764/.6 3pm/1.4 spg/.3 bpg/2.6 tov. Numbers that clearly make you go, hmmm. Am I right or am I right? Trick question! I think he was just getting warmed up though.
Projections: 21 ppg/5.7 apg/3.5 rpg/.460/.790/2 spg/90 3s/20 blk/3 tov
23. David Lee – In my power forward rankings I originally had Lee one spot ahead of Pau Gasol and that was purely because he is white but then an astute reader pointed out to me that Pau is white also so I changed it. Foiled again!
Projections: 18.5 ppg/9 rpg/3.5 apg/.515/.790/1 spg/0 3s/35 blk/2.3 tov
24. Brandon Jennings – I refer you back to my Top 75 Overall post last December where I had Brandon ranked 40th overall, way higher than most of us other, um, experts. BJ didn’t let me down unlike other BJs can but I wouldn’t really know, I’m married.
Projections: 18.5 ppg/5.8 apg/3.5 rpg/.415/.810/140 3s/1.5 spg/25 blk/2.3 tov
25. Rajon Rondo – Here’s what I said last December about Rajon: “There’s no question that Rajon has some serious shortcomings despite what his mother may think. What, my boy don’t got no shortcomings! Yes, Mrs. Rondo, he does. No, he don’t! Yes, he does, Mrs. Rondo, how do you explain his horrible free throw percentage and lack of threes then? It’s the rim, the damn rim be moving all over the place. Oh.” Same thing, different year.
Projections: 12.5 ppg/11 apg/4.7 rpg/.470/.630/20 3s/2 spg/8 blk/3.3 tov
Next up: The Top 50 Overall Rankings for Fantasy Basketball