Now that we’ve completed the 2012/13 fantasy basketball rankings and projections for the Top 25 Overall and the Top 50 Overall players, let’s move onto the top 75! I gotta tell you, there are a lot of players here whom I would have loved to rank in the top 50 but, alas, there’s no room. It aint easy being me. Sniff. Anyways, enough feeling sorry for myself, we gots work to do! As an aside, the reason I post rankings and projections in 25 player increments is because the human brain can only digest so much at a time. If I posted 30 or 40 players at once, your A.D.D. will kick in around player 26 or 27 and you won’t remember anything you just read. Wait, I’m talking about myself. Nevermind! Lastly, remember, these rankings are subjective and I do not recommend you go by them exactly by the book. Look at them more as by the round and pluck based on how your team is shaping up. Ok, to the top 75, here you’re going to find some great value. Off we go!
51. Tyreke Evans – Will the real Tyreke Evans please stand up. I know you can’t see which Tyreke just stood up but I can and it’s the one closer to last year’s numbers than his phenomenal rookie season. Don’t be sad though, it’s not that bad.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/4.5 apg/5.0 rpg/.450/.770/45 3s/1.4 spg/40 blk/2.8 tov
52. Jrue Holiday – Jrue slayed me last year and not in a good way, brah. That said, With Andre Iguodala out of the way, I’m willing to give my boy a second chance. That’s just me, I’m nice like that.
Projections: 14 ppg/5 apg/3.5 rpg/.445/.790/90 3s/1.6 spg/23 blk/2.3 tov
53. Mike Conley – What the heck does Mike Conley do well? Well, according to his mother, everything. However, I submit to you that she’s biased and advise you not listen to her. In any event, regardless of what Mrs. Conley thinks, Mikey is solid yet unspectacular. Unless you look at his steals. His steals are pretty spectacular. Don’t be afraid to roll with Mikey, man. It’s all good.
Projections: 13.5 ppg/6.5 apg/3.2 rpg/.445/.815/80 3s/2 spg/15 blk/2.3 tov
54. Kyle Lowry – Feel free to kick Kyle up a round or so if you think Jose Calderon will get moved and/or Lowry plays a lot of two which will probably happen. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he ended up a top 30 or 40 overall ranked player, health permitting.
Projections: 15 ppg/6.5 apg/4.2 rpg/.425/.790/100 3s/1.3 spg/18 blk/2.5 tov
55. Paul George – An off guard who averaged less than 30 minutes a game (ok, 29.7 but still I’m technically right!) while still posting 5.6 boards, 1.6 steals, 1.3 threes and over 12 ppg makes me pretty damn excited. The proverbial arrow is pointing up, brah! Or is it metaphorical?
Projections: 13.5 ppg/3 apg/6 rpg/.445/.810/1.7 spg/115 3s/50 blk/1.8 tov
56. Tony Parker – Why do I get the impression that Tony Parker thinks his shit doesn’t stink? F’n French.
Projections: 17 ppg/6.8 apg/3 rpg/.485/.770/20 3s/.8 spg/7 blk/2.5 tov
57. Jeremy Lin – Don’t forget he put up most of his big stat lines in Mike D’Antoni’s point guard friendly offense. Oh, not familiar with that? Ask Raymond Felton. Anyway, I’d be a bit surprised if he ends the year higher than this ranking so I guess you can say I’m being a bit generous here. He should be solid though if he’s healthy but in TOV leagues, watch out. By the way, I know you’ve been waiting for it since last April so this one is for you: Death once had a near-Jeremy Lin experience.
Projections: 15 ppg/7 apg/3.5 rpg/.435/.840/75 3s/1.4 spg/5 blk/4 tov
58. Gerald Wallace – What concerns me slightly is the sheer talent on Brooklyn with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez all looking to score the ball. That said, Gerald should mostly keeping doing what he do. Ebonics!
Projections: 13 ppg/6.7 rpg/2.7 apg/.465/.780/1.5 spg/80 3s/75 blk/2 tov >>>> a bit tough to predict the ppg, not gonna lie
59. Danilo Gallinari – The Rooster (gallo in Italian!) may slide slightly down draft boards due to his poor season last year but don’t forget before injury disaster struck Gallo was having a breakout season averaging 17.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.2 spg and 1.4 threes per before the All Star Break. Pounce like a cat on the Rooster! Ugh >>>> lame.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/5 rpg/2.5 apg/.430/.87o/1 spg/130 3s/40 blk/1.7 tov
60. Kevin Garnett – You want slow and steady wins the race, here ya go, Mr. Tortoise.
Projections: 15.5 ppg/8 rpg/2.8 apg/.505/.815/1 spg/0 3s/75 blk/2 tov
61. Ersan Ilyasova - I don’t know how many times I said, “holy $%@#” last season when I saw some of Ersan’s lines. I mean, like, 20/16, 20/12/, 19/15, 17/17 type lines routinely in March and April. With 30+ minutes per you’re looking at a very solid middle round option. Yes, I used “like” where I wasn’t supposed to. Sue me.
Projections: 14.5 ppg/9 rpg/1.5 apg/.500/.790/.7 spg/80 3s/50 blk/1.5 tov
62. Arron Afflalo – Can I just say that players in the NBA have some strange name spellings. Shouldn’t Arron be Aaron? What the hell is an Afflalo? Why does DeMar DeRozan have four capital letters in his name, he only has two names! Anyways, you’re not going to get many steals but I’ll happily trade that shortcoming for his solid percents while tossing in around 1.4 threes per. You should consider doing the same. I’m here for you, man.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/2.8 apg/3.5 rpg/.470/.810/.6 spg/120 3s/30 blk/1.5 tov
63 Lou Williams – Looking good, Louis! Feeling good, Billy Ray! Oh, I loved Trading Places but I think I love Louis more this year.
Projections: 16 ppg/4 apg/3 rpg/.420/.810/1 spg/105 3s/20 blk/1.5 tov
64. Manu Ginobili – At only 27.9 mpg for his entire career, Manu is one of the most efficient fantasy players in the NBA. He’s also efficient in bed, said his angry wife. Anyhoo, let’s throw out last year’s injury plagued season and figure he’ll get back close to 2010-11 levels, not quite all the way back but good enough.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/4.5 apg/3.8 rpg/.450/.870/1.4 spg/125 3s/25 blk/2 tov
65. Andrea Bargnani – He’s sooo European with these soft numbers. With apologies to, um, no one! If you think he’ll stay healthy, kick him up a round. I’m reasonable like that.
Projections: 20 ppg/5.5 rpg/2 apg/.450/.835/.6 spg/100 3s/65 blk/2.3 tov
66. Andrew Bogut – I don’t know man, I just don’t know. The last time Golden State had a traditional, post up, white center, the guy shot 7% from the free throw line. No really, it’s true, look it up! Anyhoo, here are Bogus’s games played the last 6 seasons starting with last year: 12, 65, 69, 33, 78 (anomoly!), 66. I probably won’t own him for the price he’ll cost, can’t risk it! If you think he’ll stay healthy, kick him up a round. Like Bargnani!
Projections: 13.5 ppg/10.5 rpg/2.2 apg/.510/.610/.8 spg/0 3s/155 blk/2 tov
67. Joakim Noah – I don’t see his offensive game progressing much especially with a scoring forward like Carlos Boozer playing alongside him but he’s plenty solid for the minimum stuff you want/need/prefer/hope from your center. Just don’t watch him shoot a free throw, it aint pretty.
Projections: 10.5 ppg/10.4 rpg/2.2 apg/.515/.745/.7 spg/0 3s/115 blk/1.8 tov
68. Maurice Williams – Did you know Maurice is only 29 years old? That shocked the crap out of me for whatever reason. Anyhoo, as Mr. T once said, “Gotta lotta Mo”. Then he punched Rocky in the face repeatedly until Rocky was K.O.d. You know how hard it is to knock out Rocky? Ivan Drago couldn’t even do it and he was on steroids! Anyway, I wonder if Mo will wear those short shorts that John Stockton used to wear. That would be funny.
Projections: 15.2 ppg/5.5 apg/3 rpg/.435/.870/140 3s/1 spg/10 blk/3 tov
69. Damian Lillard – In the summer league dude averaged 26.5 ppg, 5.3 apg and 4 rpg. He also went to Weber State and I still have no idea where that is. What more do you want me to say? His last name reminds me of lizard? Go get ‘em!
Projections: 16.5 ppg/5.3 apg/4 rpg/.415/.850/100 3s/1 spg/10 blk/3.3 tov
70. Gordon Hayward - Gordon broke out second half last season averaging around 14 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, over a three per and solid, solid percents. Oh, he also tossed in half a block per and almost a steal a game. If you can’t land any of the small fowards ranked ahead of him, don’t fret, Hayward is your Huckleberry, so says Doc Holliday.
Projections: 14.5 ppg/4.3 rpg/3,2 apg/.475/.845/.9 spg/90 3s/50 blk/2 tov ->>> I’m a fan, what can I say?
71. Chris Kaman – He really surprised the heck out of me last year with a nice bounce back season. Can he continue it in Dallas? What say you, Magic 8 Ball? Meh, he’ll be decent. Since when is “Meh” an option, Magic 8 Ball? Same day I got my iPhone 5 and started texting. Oh.
Projections: 13 ppg/7.8 rpg/2 apg/.480/.755/.5 spg/0 3s/120 blk/2.7 tov
72. Nene Hilario – Meu amigo! Did you know “nene” in Portuguese means baby? It’s true. Ironic, isn’t it? Here in the US of A it’s like calling a bouncer “Tiny”. Really, it’s not that original. Oh, and it’s not “nay-nay”, it’s “ne-nay”, please stop mispronouncing it. It’s embarrassing.
Projections: 14.5 ppg/7.6 rpg/2 apg/.560/.680/1.2 spg/0 3s/80 blk/2 tov
73. Kevin Martin – Did he screw you last year? Do you have a bad taste in your mouth about Kev-Mart? Well, wash that taste right out of your mouth, gargle or something. I use Listerine, I like the burn or I get it in my head that the germs didn’t die. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
Projections: 18.5 ppg/2.5 apg/3 rpg/.435/.875/1 spg/150 3s/10 blk/2.5 tov
74. Klay Thompson – Many of you made the playoffs or finished in the money last season because of shrewd pick ups like Klay Thompson and Gordon Hayward before anyone else saw their explosions coming. I hope you listened last year. If you did, congrats! Now pay for Klay this year. Go ahead, don’t be shy, go on now.
Projections: 16.5 ppg/3 apg/3.2 rpg/.440/.880/1.1 spg/130 3s/30 blk/2.2 tov
75. Tim Duncan - One of these years Timmy is going to fall off a cliff but it won’t be this year. I suppose Eddy Curry could mistake him for a ham sandwich but I hope not …
Projections: 15 ppg/8.8 rpg/2.3 apg/.500/.700/.7 spg/0 3s/115 blk/1.7 tov
Next up: The Top 100 Overall