Ok, we’ve come a long way, now it’s crunch time. Next up is the top 200 for fantasy basketball 2012/13! This is the part of your draft/auction where you’re scouring the list of who’s available. Should I take this guy, that guy or the guy over there? Where? Here comes Jeanie with her new boyfriend. They say that looks don’t count for much and so there goes your proof. Oops, sorry, got lost in my 1970′s music nostalgia. Anyways, we’ve already got the rankings and projections for the Top 25, Top 50, Top 75, Top 100, (inhale, exhale), and Top 125 Overall players in the books. We’ve also got the rankings for the Top 25 Point Guards, Shooting Guards, Small Forwards, (breath!), Power Forwards and Centers in the can. If that’s not enough, for your lusty perusual, I’ve also hooked you up with the Top 60 Guards and, because I want you to win so bad, I also threw in the Top 60 Power Forward/Centers for your bathroom reading pleasure. Oh, Lebron. Now, lady and germs, I give you the rest of the top 200 overall players, numbers 126-200. My apologies for lack of projections but time necessitated that I at least initially get out the rankings. I’ll be adding projections in the next day so check back! Remember, think of these projections by the round and slide guys up or down based on your team needs as the draft goes on. Ok, off we go! Weeeeeeee.
126. Shawn Marion - If you look up the definition of “serviceable” in the dictionary, you’d see Shawn’s name next to it. He’ll get you low, low double digit points, 7ish boards and a steal per. He no longer shoots the three ball but he’s pretty durable. Hey, I’m trying to stay positive here, man.
Projections: 10.5 ppg/7.2 rpg/2.1 apg/.450/.795/1.1 spg/30 3s/40 blk/1.7 tov
127. Tayshaun Prince - Tayshaun Prince is still Detroit’s small forward? Yes, he is. Why? I don’t know. Don’t they realize they haven’t won anything with this guy playing 32+ minutes a game for the last 9 years?!!? I don’t know. Do you know anything? Not really. Sigh.
Projections: 13 ppg/4.3 rpg/2.5 apg/.450/.765/.5 spg/45 3s/40 blk/1.3 tov
128. Jose Calderon - Jose can you see that you’ll probably be traded and nobody really seems to like you but I like you. I’ll be your friend! (For the right price, that is)
129. Jarrett Jack - Just close your eyes for a minute and envision the words “Jarrett Jack: Starting point guard for your Golden State Warriors!”. Ok, maybe they aren’t your Golden State Warriors but you get my drift, said Stephen Curry.
130. Antawn Jamison – There are a lot of chiefs and not many indians in Lakerland this season but maybe Antaaaawn can find a place as a scoring threat with the second unit. Maybe, maybe not. We’ll see!
Projections: 12.5 ppg/5.5 rpg/1.5 apg/.440/.725/.8 spg/90 3s/30 blk/1.5 tov
131. Spencer Hawes - And if Andrew Bynum should get hurt? As it is, he’ll see some decent run. Stop the hatin’, y’all! Ok, you can hate a little bit, I wouldn’t blame you.
132. James Johnson - You want blocks and steals and like 7 points a game, JJ is your man!
133. Brandon Roy - The question isn’t if, it’s when but in the meantime, feel free to take a dip.
134. Emeka Okafor - He screwed me last year. Hopefully he didn’t screw you. I care, man, I really do. Sniff.
135. Jamal Crawford - So Chauncey Billups is ahead of him on the depth chart. You know, the old guy with the heel achilles.
136. Ramon Sessions - He’ll get minutes at the point and will do just enough to annoy all Kemba Walker owners. Drats!
137. Ben Gordon - We best not see a Ramon Sessions/Ben Gordon starting back court in Charlotte, said the mothers of Kemba Walker and Gerald Henderson.
138. Brandon Bass - He’ll do the dirty work, he do what he do. That’s what he do. Beware of Jared Sullinger though, or so that’s what I’m hearing. I read it in the USA Today.
139. Al Harrington - Why does something tell me that Al will get his in Orlando. Oh, because they don’t gots much else! They don’t even got Al for November.
140. Mario Chalmers - Useful in deep leagues when they let him touch the ball.
141. Byron Mullens – The guy basically only has to beat out Tyrus Thomas. Remember Tyrus? Ugh.
Projections: 11 ppg/6 rpg/1 apg/.430/.810/.4 spg/0 3s/80 blk/1.5 tov
142. Sam Dalembert – Or Dalem-bear if you want to speak French and impress your girlfriend. In 21ish minutes could he block 1.5 balls and grab 6 or 7 boards? Probably.
Projections: 7 ppg/6.5 rpg/.5 apg/.500/.735/.5 spg/0 3s/105 blk/1.3 tov
143. D.J. Augustin – It’s a long year, man, and George Hill does get nicked up from time to time so I think DJA will get his chance. I don’t know, he’s a little too quality for me to fully trust George Hill. Yes, this blurb became about George Hill. Sorry!
143. Jeff Green - You want a sleeper, here you go, Mr. Deepish League Man. You’re so clever.
144. Chauncey Billups - I don’t know, Jamal Crawford looks like a pretty decent late grab. Dontcha think?
145. Bradley Beal - Jordan Crawford plays the same position. Jordan Crawford aint bad, man, so I’m not sure I’m believing the hype from what other, um, experts are saying. Prove me wrong, Bradley!
146. Jason Thompson - Do you remember when you didn’t particularly enjoy owning either J.J. Hickson or Jason Thompson when they were both healthy and playing? Well, substitute Thomas Robinson for J.J. Same mierda, different year!
147. Thomas Robinson - Since he’s unproven, I like his upside more than Jason Thompson’s. Does that make any sense at all? Oh, and given that comment, maybe you’re wondering why I have Robinson ranked below Thompson then. Um, because I’m dsylisec?
147. C.J. Miles – He’s hot and he’s cold, he’s yes and he’s no, he’s in then he’s out. Come on you know the words, sing it along with me. Go back and try it again. It’s good stuff! Anyway, I always like to grab sleepers from bad teams where minutes could be abundant. This is about potential minutes, not so much C.J.s talent.
Projections – 12 ppg/2 apg/3.3 rpg/.420/.795/1.1 spg/115 3s/30 blk/1.5 tov
148. Alonzo Gee - As a starter last year Alonzo averaged 11.5 ppg/6.4 rag/2.2 apg/1.3 spg/.7 3pm/.4 bpg/.778 FT. Pretty solid, useful numbers! That’s the good part. The bad part was his putrid FG which came in at .399 as a starter and .412 overall. Keep an eye on his position battle with C.J. Miles and if he wins it then hold your nose and dive in late.
Projections: 11 pp./6 rpg/2 apg/.420/.785/1.3 spg/55 3s/25 blk/1.8 tov
149. Bismack Byombo - I heard his pre-game nutrition consists of Big Macs. Oh, to be young again. Sigh.
150. Caron Butler - In 29 games up to the All Star Break, Caron averaged 32.9 mpg/14.3 ppg/4 rpg/1.5 apg/.431/.781/1.1 spg/1.9 3pm. In 34 games after the All Star Break, Caron averaged 26.9 mpg/9.9 ppg/3.4 rpg/1 apg/.384/.882/.6 spg/1.1 3pm. In other words, Caron kicked the fantasy bucket! RIP.
151. Nate Robinson - Why do I get the stinkin’ feeling that lil’ Nate will be getting run, y’all. If he’s not drafted, I guaranty he’ll be picked up as a FA not soon after the season starts. Just a gut feeling, said Woody Allen. (You get it?)
152. Austin Rivers - I’m sleepy. How about you?
153. Dorrell Wright – He had his one glory year. Hey, it’s better than having his one glory hole. Ewwwww.
154. MarShon Brooks – So much promise on a bad team. So little to do on a good team. Sigh.
155. Patrick Paterson - You want sleeper, Mr. Sleepy, here you go.
156. Wilson Chandler - When he plays he does damage. Denver is solid and has too much depth though, brah.
157. Devin Harris - Oh, so now he’s going to play some shooting guard, huh? Interesting, very interesssssting. Not really.
158. Jerryd Bayless – I see useful fantasy useful production in low 20ish minutes for Jerry … d.
159. Nick Young – Young Gun may have more blanks than bullets this season; It’s a bit crowded in Philly for him to make a real fantasy stamp. Insert sad face emoticon here. Semi-colon alert!
160. Elton Brand – When he was in high school, his school played my school. There were a lot of pee stains on our gym floor after that. Bump him up for a quick November start with Diggler out.
161. Steve Novak - Steve Novak for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. That’s all.
162. Derrick Rose - A rose by any another name in the NBA is someone who could probably help you more until February.
163. Gustavo Ayon – Gustava me gusta um poco, esta bien, pero no juego mucho. Oh, he’s also out until mid-November.
164. Tobias Harris – True story, Tobias plays in a summer league on Long Island. My friend referees his games and he said nobody knows who he is. They think he can dunk just because he’s black. Stereotype! Anyway, he’s a little sleeper pick for those who dare. Do you dare?
165. Chandler Parsons – His name sounds like he should be working on Wall Street. Chandlaaaa, pass the Grey Poupon.
166. Ray Allen - I don’t think I’d take him on my fantasy team, said Mike Miller.
167. Juan Jose Barea - When he gets burn, he produces. Come on give him the gasoline, he’s already got the lighter. Or something like that.
168. Marvin Williams - I’m sure Utah is excited to have him. Yawn.
169. Richard Hamilton - He’s gonna get hurt. Am I right or am I right? Trick question!
170. Jason Kidd - There’s just something really weird to me seeing Jason Kidd in a Knicks uniform. All I know is if Jason shoots the ball it’s going to be a moon ball attempt!
171. Drew Gooden – It’s best they limit his minutes, lest Drew may hurt his backsie. Yes, I used “lest”. I would never say it out loud though, that would be embarrassing.
172. Robin Lopez - fRoLo is starting so maybe, just maybe. Nah, nevermind. Ok, late flyer. Fine.
173. Nikola Vucevic - My name is Nikola Vucevic. I play center. I am tall. Repeat it with the proper accent. It’s fun!
174. Trevor Booker - A free agent pick up darling last year. He’s not bad!
175. Courtney Lee – It’s such a shame he went to a team with a crowded backcourt because Courtney is pretty damn good when he gets burn. Even if he does have a girl’s name.
176. Lamar Odom – Don’t get married to a fake celebrity. See what happens? Well, there is no such thing as a fake celebrity, I suppose. You are or you aren’t!
177. J.J. Redick – I heard some cool stories about J.J. when he was at Duke. He was a real multiple ladies man, if you know what I’m sayin’. Mad respek!
178. Kirk Hinrich - Back home in Chicago. Now we just need Ozzie Guillen back and we are all set!
179. Roddy Beaubois – Or Boo-bwah if you want to speak French and impress your mistress. Since Delonte West is being such a delinquent, Roddy should see some decent combo minutes. Useful in the deep leagues, I guess.
180. Kendrick Perkins - Think like Sam Dalembert without the cool French accent.
181. Jason Maxiell – Poor Jason doesn’t get any fantasy respect but he’s the starting power forward in Detroit! He’s crafty!, said the Beastie Boys.
182. Andre Drummond - Did you like that movie called Sleeper? Oh, you never saw it? Me neither. (See what I did there?)
183. Andray Blatche – To think I loved him going into last season. What a damn fool I was. I think he can still succeed (a little bit) in Brooklyn. I know, I know, I’m a damn fool!
184. Carlos Delfino – He and his 30something FG percent aren’t so Fine-O. But you could do worse late, I suppose.
185. Brandon Rush – I look at Brandon Rush and I see a man who do what he do. What he do is a lil’ bit o’ dis, a lil’ bit o’ dat, but not much o’ dat o’ dat o’ dat. Why am I speaking Ebonics and Galic!?
186. Tyler Hansbrough – A tireless worker! Cliche!
187. Danny Green – He’s the starting shooting guard in San Antone’. That counts for something, right?
188. DeJuan Blair – Sometimes DeJuan is the one, sometimes he’s not DeJuan. >>>> Ugh.
189. Tiago Splitter – Nao falo Portuguese mas eu acho que Tiago nao e muito bom. Ai tadinho!
190. Metta World Peace – What can be said that hasn’t already been said? I got it, he’s a nice guy!
191. Kyle Korver – Cheap threes, here, cheap threes. Only will cost you a bench spot. Cheap threes here.
192. Tyrus Thomas – I hate to even rank him, I really, really do. He has athleticism! He’s young! He’s … Yada, yada, yada, yes, yes, I know.
193. Marcus Camby – He doesn’t deserve to be this low. He’s Marcus Camby, damn it! Bump him up if you want some cheap boards and blocks late.
194. Carl Landry - He’s not the bee’s knees or anything but I’m not sure if you’ve heard, Andrew Bogut is injury prone.
196. Ed Davis - And he’s dumber.
197. Jared Sullinger – For the love of god, please don’t tell me he’s anther one with the nickname Sully. I don’t see people going around calling J.R. Smith, Smitty, yo!
198. Chase Budinger – If Chandler Parsons is out of Grey Poupon, ask Chase. Stereotype!
199. Jan Vesely - He’s soooo European except he steals the ball.
200. Taj Gibson – Really just insurance for you Boozer and Noah owners, if you have room that is.
Bonus! (Or something like that)
201. Marco Bellineli - Could be sneaky threes if/when Richard Hamilton goes down for a little bit … or a lot a bit!
202. Jonas Jerebko – He’s pretty much the same guy as the past couple of years. If that floats your boat in deep leagues then float away.
203. Thabo Sefolosha – I can spell this guy’s last name without even looking twice. That’s just sad.
204. Greg Stiemsma – Blocks here, come get your blocks here.
205. Vince Carter – Can’t leave Vince out, ole boy. Say it with an English accent.
206. Zaza Pachulia - More of a Josh Smith or Al Horford handcuff if you ask me. What, you didn’t ask? … Oh.
207. Fab Melo - With a name like that, I don’t care if he sucks ass, he’s getting on this list!