Ok, ok, thus far we’ve covered the rankings and projections for the Top 25 Point Guards, Top 25 Shooting Guards and the Top 25 Power Forwards for 2013-2014 fantasy basketball. Today we’re going small, small forwards that is! I look at this group and I don’t think it aint so bad. Double negative! There are a bunch of guys middle to late who I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on and neither should you. Let’s get to it, shall we?
1. Kevin Durant – He may not be able to beat Lebron for real but he kicks his booty in fantasy and we all know that’s what really counts!
Projections: 28.5 ppg/7.8 rpg/4.4 apg/.495/.880/1.3 spg/135 3s/100 blk/3.5 tov
2. Lebron James – If I have only one small complaint it’s the FT. Yes, I’m quibling but I’m bored!
Projections: 27 ppg/7.8 rpg/7.1 apg/.530/.755/1.6 spg/105 3s/60 blk/3.2 tov
5. Carmelo Anthony – Doubt he averages 28+ ppg again but, hey, 26.5 aint bad! The threes have rocketed the last few years so don’t be surprised if his FG is lower than I project.
Projections: 26.5 ppg/6.5 rpg/3 apg/.450/.825/1 spg/140 3s/35 blk/2.6 tov
6. Nicolas Batum – Great first half last season, meh second half. Put it all together and you still had a pretty wonderful season. If he doesn’t hit the wall this year, you’re looking at some serious, serious fantasy damage. To your opponents!
Projections: 15 ppg/6 rpg/4.8 apg/.440/.840/1.2 spg/170 3s/90 blk/2.5 tov
7. Rudy Gay – Rudy isn’t flashy. In fact, he’s kind of boring to own, not sure why. He can bore me to death anytime!
Projections: 18.5 ppg/6 rpg/2.7 apg/.440/.830/1.1 spg/115 3s/30 blk/2.6 tov
8. Josh Smith – Went over him in the Top 25 Power Forwards for Fantasy Basketball.
11. Paul Pierce – I look at the Nyets roster and see it’s loaded. There’s only one ball! The good times should keep rolling for Paul though but, most likely, a little dip in his ppg. Just a hunch! Calculated.
Projections: 17 ppg/5.5 rpg/4.5 apg/.450/.830/1.1 spg/115 3s/30 blk/2.6 tov
12. Ersan Ilyasova – Went over him in the Top 25 Power Forwards for Fantasy Basketball.
13. Jeff Green – I just can’t wait to draft Jeff Green this year. All the hype is making everyone reach though. Like the Eric Bledsoe hype, that leaves little upside if you draft him too high. Just a thought! That’s what I do, I think. Sometimes.
Projections: 19 ppg/6 rpg/3 apg/.445/.790/1 spg/120 3s/75 blk/2.2 tov
14. Kawhi Leonard – I just looove Kawhi. Look at those percents! He’ll steal the ball, he’ll hit the 3 ball. He’ll even block the ball a bit. He best stay injury free now. Jinx!
Projections: 13 ppg/6.5 rpg/2 apg/.485/.820/1.8 spg/100 3s/50 blk/1.5 tov
15. Thaddeus Young – I was tempted to throw Tobias Harris here but decided to go with the veteran leadership that Thad brings. Every fantasy team needs a veteran leader for those pep talks during the hard times!
Projections: 15.5 ppg/7.5 rpg/1.8 apg/.510/.695/1.7 spg/5 3s/55 blk/1.5 tov
16. Tobias Harris – Went over him in the Top 25 Power Forwards for Fantasy Basketball.
17. Luol Deng – Tons of minutes and he needs every second to get to his stats. If his minutes slip even a little, you’ll be hating on him. If you aren’t already that is. Don’t hate!
Projections: 15.5 ppg/6.3 rpg/2.9/.430/.780/1 spg/85 3s/35 blk/1.8 tov
18. Gordon Hayward – If Marvin Fucking Williams cock blocks his minutes again, I’m going to hit the next Mormon I see! He better not block those minutes!
Projections: 15.5 ppg/4.5 rpg/3.5 apg/.445/.825/.9 spg/115 3s/40 blk/1.9 tov
20. Chandler Parsons – I told you to grab him week 1 last year and he never looked back. That’s what I do, I tell you who to grab every week. Hell, every day!
Projections: 15 ppg/5 rpg/3.3 apg/.475/.700/1 spg/150 3s/30 blk/2 tov
24. Wilson Chandler – Short term I like him higher than this ranking so if you like to front load then go ahead and bump him up.
Projections: 16 ppg/5.6 rpg/2 apg/.455/.795/1.2 spg/100 3s/70 blk/2 tov
26. Evan Turner – Went over him in the Top 25 Shooting Guards for Fantasy Basketball
26. Corey Brewer – Very, very underrated. Sleeper! I see value all over this pick. Like Target!
Projections: 13 ppg/3.3 rpg/2 apg/.425/.690/1.5 spg/100 3s/30 blk/1.5 tov
27. Shawn Marion
28. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
29. Earl Clark – Well I did his projections so I may as well throw them at you. This is assuming he gets the majority of minutes of the wondrous Alonzo Gee.
Projections: 9 ppg/6 rpg/1 apg/.440/.690/.7 spg/55 3s/60 blk/1.5 tov
29a. Metta World Peace
30. Danilo Gallinari – I always, always spell his name wrong and I’m half Italian. How embarrassing! Anyway, he’s out until at least December, most likely January so go ahead and stash him if you’d like. Or don’t. Your call.
31. Danny Granger – Only if he slides. Only if he slides.
32. Martell Webster – Threes! Plus I don’t love Trevor Ariza. I don’t even like him!
32. Vince Carter - Keeps on chuggin’!
33. Al-Farouq Aminu – Boards. Lots of ‘em if he gets minutes. Will he get minutes? Sometimes!
34. Tayshaun Prince – There is some value in getting minutes. It’s more valuable than no minutes!
35. Andrei Kirilenko
36. Nick Young
37. Moe Harkless – My auto-correct changed his last name to harmless. True story!
38. John Salmons
39. Jared Dudley
40. Matt Barnes
41. Steve Novak
42. Mike Dunleavy
43. Trevor Ariza
44. Gerald Wallace
45. Dorrell Wright
46. Otto Porter
47. Harrison Barnes
48. P.J. Tucker
49. Shane Battier
50. Francisco Garcia
51. Alonzo Gee
52. Kyle Singler
53. DeMarre Carroll
54. James Johnson
Next up: Top 25 Centers